The RBG Rock Garden Rejuvenation Project was a full restoration consisting of an expansion and rejuvenation of the iconic gardens and related infrastructure.
Scope of Work:
- Renovation of existing structures, replacement and restorative work of the existing gardens including a sustainable redesign of the garden area with enhanced water features.
- Renovations and upgrades to improve barrier-free visitor access to the lower bowl of the garden.
- New state-of-the-art Visitor's Centre that not only consolidated admissions, washrooms and visitor information into one structure, but also houses a fully operational restaurant and conference facility.
- New entrance, parking lot and drop-off to the Rock Garden on the West Side of York Blvd.
- Upgrades to the existing 1962 Tea House (newly dubbed Garden House) to convert to an interpretive, multi-purpose facility.